Thursday, October 02, 2008

Last Night's Dream

In my dream I was in the library, researching. I took out two huge books, without knowing what they were about. I brought them upstairs, which was a whole different place. I started looking through them, and someone appeared wanting to know what they were about. I opened them. One was a history of the Olympics. Out of the book fell newspaper clippings and other things. The other book, I think, was on fairy tales. When I showed the person, he seemed to get hostile and said, “I don’t think you should have these.” My intention was to bring them back but the scene changed.

Some other people and I were in a large house, upstairs. I didn’t know whose house or why we were there, except to visit. We were getting ready and changing. We then went into this room for lunch. There was a long table, and a lot of people sat at it. There was a man who was in charge. He got the attention of the room, and he asked, “Who went to China?” No one answered. He looked angry. He asked again, louder and angrier, “WHO WENT TO CHINA!?!?!” People started to gather their stuff and get up to leave. All of a sudden, a huge tornado/ whirlwind came and started to destroy everything. We knew the man in charge was the one bringing the destruction. We all frantically scurried around, trying to find a way out. Things were violently exploding and being demolished around me. I ran for the stairs and made it down safely with some others. But when I got downstairs, I knew someone was missing- my mother. I called around for her to see if she was with the other people….she wasn’t. I found a bathroom downstairs, and went in. It was like a public bathroom with stalls. When I got in there, my mother opened the door of the bathroom and came in, wearing gauze on her head. She looked traumatized and worn. “Are you okay?” I asked. She looked at me wearily and said, “I was the one who went to China.”

Then I knew. The man upstairs was my father (although he didn’t look like my father- he was a very old man, small bone structure, and with white hair), and he hurt my mother. I knew we had to get out of there to safety. He could come after us. We needed to buy plane tickets. All of a sudden, there was a machine where you could buy plane tickets. I got in line, and when it was my turn, someone else typed in all the information for me. They then told me, “you need your credit card to make the purchase.” I didn’t have it on me…and then I remembered that I had left it upstairs in my purse, which was a maze (and also left in complete turmoil). But I thought about all that was in my purse- credit cards, my social security card, my lisence- everything I needed. It would not be simple to replace those things. I stood there, weighing the options and for a minute, I rationalized that I could always cancel my cards and get new documentation. But then, I decided against it. I was going to go back upstairs. I was quiet as could be, sneaking back upstairs. Noone was there. I looked in the large dining room for my purse, but it wasn’t there, and then I realized it must be in the room where we were getting ready. I snuck back in there and found it under the bed. When I found it, I started running quickly through the maze of hallways, looking for the stairs. But things change in the house, doors appear and staircases move their spot. I finally found stairs, but I wasn’t sure if they were the same ones. When I looked back, there were all closed doors behind me. In the dream, I was aware that they were all closed doors to bedrooms (even though they hadn’t been there before). I knew one of them was a door to the hallway, and one was a door to where my father was. I decided not to chance it, and turned back towards the staircase. I made my way downstairs, and things changed again. I was in a weird lighted tunnel, that had blue and red light waves shooting through it. I was with two other people who were also trying to buy plane tickets and escape. They were using their high tech cell phones to buy plane tickets. One of them handed me his phone to let me us it to buy a ticket, but I didn’t want to because I didn’t know how to work the thing. I just wanted to use the ticket machine. Then, before I could say anything, the guy and girl started to fly down the tunnel. I was left with the choice: be left behind, or fly with them. I thought, “if they can fly, I must be able to as well!” So I lifted my feet off the ground, and flew! I saw the atmosphere of the tunnel looked thick, and there were what looked like small white specks. I figured that something in the atmosphere was keeping us up. Then, we flew up a hidden staircase, where there was a hidden door on the ceiling. It was dark, and the three of us were trying to open the secret door. I recognized the girl as a girl I used to work with in NY, and the guy was my fiancĂ© (but it didn’t look like Phil, I don’t even think it was Phil). I was suddenly aware that the guy used to date the girl, but that I had come into the picture and stolen him from her. I wondered if she was jealous. Then I woke up.

1 comment:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

very unique. I've had some odd dreams like that. One involved terrorists holding Christians captive and releasing a gas to certain people who died including little children (mind you this was this year I had this dream, not when everyone was going crazy about anthrax). then they went to my husband, son, and finally I started to die but woke up after talking about Jesus before I passed out to the child who had handed us the bio chem weapon that we had to smell.

Some dreams really don't mean anything at all, some are because of certain things on our mind. Anyway your dream reminded me of this. Rob recently had a dream where there was a Christian holocaust of sorts and he was boarding onto a boat or train of somesort that had a chained torture area and everyone was dressed alike. It was maybe a year ago he dreamt it actually but it still bothers him.

time for you to write a new entry!