Friday, April 02, 2010

Dreams Lately.....

A few nights ago, I had a very intense dream that I was a sex slave along with a few other girls. We were tied up in the woods, and I was trying desperately to escape. I saw the highway and heard cars from where I was. As I was trying to escape, I came face to face with my captor. He had brown hair and a mustache, and a thin face. Before I fled, I tried to save the other girls. I don't remember much more, but as I was waking up, I was praying and asking God why I was having this dream- was I to intercede for someone out there in this situation???

Then last night, I had dreams for a long time. I was in three different places. The first place was a ginormous mansion- like the ones in Charleston- very old Southern, but amazing. Phil and I walked through the mansion and each room was spectacular. There were (real) fur rugs and antique but beautiful pieces of furniture. The house took so long to walk through. Then in the back was a hot tub. The man who owned the house was having us house sit there. I was in shock that he was going to let us stay at this amazing mansion, and that he trusted us with it.

Then next thing I knew, I was in a thrift store. It was not just any old thrift store. First of all, I was in a school, where I walked down long, dusty hallways to get to this store, and it was all closed off, but I broke in. In the dream, I knew the store had once been flourishing- a very hip, popular boutique for girls. However, now it was closed down and dusty- all that was left was a few things. I looked through the things. One was a hanging bird cage with a black porcelain flower in it. There were some clothes and cute purses. Then a girl who apparently worked there came into the shop and tried to help me find what I needed.

Then later, I was in some kind of church or religious building. There were meetings going on that you had to pay for, and I was trying to get in, but I did not pay so I was not allowed in. I was trying to bust down the door, and I saw inside. There were only a few people sitting inside and they were arguing and angry.

I have a few small interpretations for my own dreams last night- the mansion, I think, represented God trusting me and Phil will bigger things in His kingdom. The thrift store, I am not sure... And then the religious meetings, I think represents a religious spirit of some God fearing people.

3 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I've missed you and your posts and such (especially since I deleted my facebook). This is quite a few dreams in one I think! I think it is interesting how you have the insight of what life might be like for some of the realities of the girls in sexual slavery. You know that is a heartstring of mine so that's why I comment on that one! How have you been by the way??

Unknown said...

I've been pretty good....I love my new job as a graphic designer, and I am enjoying married life. How are you??? I will miss seeing you on Facebook...I loved your articles and pictures! I wish I had more time to post on blogspot, but I am working so much now- doing two jobs! I still need to write to you, I have become a very poor correspondent. :(

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I'm doing very well! Been busy with the boys as usual. Two jobs does sound like you'd be kept extremely busy!! I do miss your letters and talking to you a lot, so if you do ever get a chance to, it would be great to get back on the letter writing agenda with you haha. I did get 2 letters last week. That was the first in a long time. I used to get 6 letters a week. Every other week I get maybe a letter now, if even that often. I was surprised to get the two I received recently. I post pictures in my blog and every so often I make bulk human trafficking entries with news of what's happening regarding it. Anyway, work hard!!!