Saturday, December 20, 2008

Contemplative...

Three people now have told me that I should make a list of things that I am blessed with, or that I love about life, and then a list of things I need to work on or that worry/bother me. So I am setting about that task, trying to keep in mind the good things God has done in my life these past few years.

Things I love/ blessings in my life:

1- God, obviously.
2- Phil, who loves me and I him.
3- Our apartment and the freedom we have to just be ourselves at home in it.
4- My family in New York, and my in-laws who I have a pretty great relationship with.
5- My part time job, even though it is not what I really want to be doing, it is something.
6- Friends that I have reconnected with, even if they are far away.
7- My health, and the health of my family.
8- Opportunities to do things like go on a mission trip to Honduras this summer.
9- All the things I have to look forward to in the coming years.

Things I need to work on or that worry/bother me:

1- Facebook stalking who I need not be stalking.
2- Diet and exercise. I have gained 30 pounds over 3 years. I gain and lose weight a lot- I go through cycles where I am smaller and then heavier. I want to just be consistent, perhaps in the middle...but most of all maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
3- I need a second job, in order to keep the bills paid and to not be lazy.
4- My relationship with God is lacking.
5- My relationships with my brother and sister are fading.

There is most likely more I could add, but I am satisfied with a shorter, more concise list.

No comments: