Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Wooden Canoe on a Black Lake

In this dream, I was in a boat- a long, thin, carved, wooden canoe- with a mysterious person. I am not sure if it was a man or a woman, but the person was in the boat with me, and we were on a black lake with dirty, muddy water with little pieces of things stuck in it. The feeling in the dream might have been a bit eerie, but I felt safe and protected. We got to shore, and got out of the boat, and there we met a girl named Abby. She looked Dutch, and had very light blonde hair and very pale skin. I introduced myself, and she said with a heavy accent, "Oh! Sarah, ya ya" (Saa-DA, Yuh, yuh). I knew she was not American. I invited her into the boat and she got in with us. That was the end of the dream.

The interpretation I got from Recie Saunders and Scott Veach is this: The black water represents a difficult time or season in my life. I am in a boat with the Holy Spirit, who is protecting me during this difficult time/season. Then, we get to the shore and meet Abby, which the name means "God's will" (the name Abby or Abigail has many different meanings, but that particular one was the one we looked up that day). So, at the other side of the difficult season, I met God's will. Interesting, huh?

No comments: