Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Warning Dreams

Sometimes people have dreams that are meant to warn them of something to come, or something that is already happening. Last night I had two of them:

The first warning dream was for Phil and I to be very careful who we let interpret dreams or give prophetic words to in the future. It was a very weird feeling being in the dream and knowing that is what the dream meant, but not knowing what to do with that, and not even understanding what was really happening in the dream. I just felt like that is what we were told.

The second dream was more vivid, and it started out with me having a dream within a dream. My dream within my dream was also a warning dream- that someone was going to try to steal my car. So I was at work, and I called Phil to come with me and help me move my car to a different spot so the theifs would not find it. So we went to my car, and there was a big cinder block under my tire, meant to mark my car as the one to be stolen. We moved the block, and I drove the car, and all of a sudden, the people who were coming to get my car came in their car behind us, chasing us. There was a man driving, but I knew it was his wife who really was the one who wanted to get my car. Anyway, the man drove all wild eyed and purposely smashed into my car. Then, we called the cops to come and write a police report. The wife disappeared. I was trying to talk to the police when they came, and Phil took the man aside to talk to him. He recognized the man from church- he was someone we knew (but I don't know who). Phil spoke gently with him and got him to apologize. I was speaking to the police officer but she was not listening, she seemed distracted. Then Catherine Mullins was there, working as a nurse, and she was saying how much she hated her job. The cop was paying more attention to Catherine than to hearing my story. That was the end of the dream.


So, what I know is that cars or modes of transportation generally mean your ministry or vocation. The people who were trying to steal my car, or hurt me, were from church. The end result was that it was better to speak to them gently and fix the situation that way rather than to try to get a person of authority to fix it.


I also had two other dreams last night ( I know I had more than that but these two I remember):

My mom was singing a song in the car, the song "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" and she was singing it wrong, so I tried to correct her, but when I sang it, she told me "No offense honey, but that was completely off key". Two other people in the car agreed with her. I got upset and hurt. I think this dream has to do with my mom's view of God and spirituality being way different than mine, and people in my family being more in agreement with her. I think also, its been hard for me to take criticism from my mom because I really respect what she has to say.

The last one was that I dreamt that Phil got a HUGE speeding ticket. He came home and told me he got "slapped with a big one." I was so upset, and I was praying in my dream, "God, no, please, no, please don't let it be true." Then I sort of woke up for a minute and realized it was a dream, and as I was falling back asleep, I was praying that God would protect us from tickets. Haha.

So. That was my night last night. Incredible!

1 comment:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

you two are seriously into the dream thing, huh? That's cool in a way. . .considering there is a lot of interpreters of dreams in the Bible. I hope things continue to go well with that.